Mazandaran is connected to the capital of Iran, Tehran, through three
transit roads of Haraz (Amol-Rudehen), Kandovan (Chalus-Karaj), and
Firouzkouh (Qaem Shahr-Firouzkouh).
Dasht-e Naz Airport, serving the capital Sari, Noshahr Airport, and
Ramsar Airport are the domestic airports that connect the province to
the other parts of the country. There are some Hajj flights from Dasht-e
Naz Airport as well.
Mazandaran is served by the North Railway Dept. of the Iranian Railways.
The department connects the province to Tehran to the south and Gorgan
to the east. The cities of Sari, Qaemshahr, and Pol Sefid are major
stations of the department.
Sari is served by Dasht-e Naz International Airport, which is located in
the northeast of the city. It has four daily flights in summer and six
weekly flights in other seasons scheduled to and from Tehran. Also, it
has weekly flight destinations to Mashhad and Jeddah. Seasonal
destinations include Isfahan, Kish Island, and sometimes other cities,
depending on demand. Tickets should be reserved one week in advance.
The city is connected to Gorgan and Tehran by Shomal Railways, since it
is on a major branch of the Iran's Railroad. The Sari train station is
the city's first modern rail station and it dates from the Pahlavi
dynasty. Currently, there are three major passenger trains (Sari
Exclusive Train, No. 220, and No. 221) every day to Sari. If you travel
to Sari from Tehran, you may use the Gorgan train, which runs in the
evening. Only some major express trains have announcements in English,
but this train does. The trip takes either 7 hours (Tehran-Sari) or 71/2
hours (Sari-Tehran), because the trip is through mountains. For more
than 60 years, Sari's exclusive train has been arriving about 4 PM.
The port of Amir Abad is located on the southern coast of the Mazandaran Sea.
Local highways have been well developed after the Iranâ€“Iraq War. Sari
area contains highway 62w, which has the Qa'emshahr exit and 62e, which
has the Neka exit.
There are five bus terminals, but just one, Terminal-e Dowlat, is
popular. The others serve cities that are located within 150 kilometers
of Sari: Gorgan, Nowshahr and Chaloos, Kiyasar, etc.
The layout of the city lends itself to using taxis. There is a wide
choice of taxi systems including ceremony taxis, wireless taxis, airport
or rail station taxis, and telephone taxis. City buses are also popular
because they connect Sari's suburbs to the center of city, and most of
the population lives in the suburbs. Although pedestrians must take care
crossing busy streets, Sari is safe for pedestrians even at night.
- 2 state passenger terminals, under construction, in the cities of Babolsar and Babol.(Bullet)
- 3 state passenger terminals, available, in the cities of Sari, Qaemshahr and Jooybar. (Bullet)
(Sari : (+98-151)3248882) / ((+98-123)226299)
- 3 private passenger terminals, available, in the cities of Amol, Tonekabon and western Sari.
((+98-191)4274090) / ((+98-121)3244703)
- 4 private passenger terminals, about to open, in the cities of Behnamir, Ramsar, Behshahr and Nowshahr.
- Passenger transport companies: 174 bullet
- Bus vehicle fleet: 565 including 155 normal buses and 410 specific buses. bullet
- Mini bus vehicle fleet: 2010
- Taxi vehicle fleet: 4565
- Bus drivers: 1300
- Mini bus drivers: 2000
- Taxi vehicle drivers: 6742
- Passenger transport unions: 5 client type and 1 syndicate of owners of mini buses and taxies.
- Goods transport companies: 121
- International Goods transport companies: 6
- Passenger transport companies: 2
- Freeways: 16
- Highways: 516
- Major Roads: 479
- Local Roads: 1304
- Village Roads: 7503
- Total : 9818
The transportation north-south corridor consists of 14 countries, was
established in 12th September 2000 in Saint Petersburg (the former
Leningrad) by Iran, Russia and India, being developed by entrance of
Azerbaijan, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kirgizstan, Tajikistan, Turkey,
Ukraine, Belarus, Oman, Syria and Bulgaria.
- Developing transportation affairs. bullet
- Developing access to global markets.
- Assisting in developing overseas goods and passenger transport.
- Supporting road safety.
- Synchronizing legislations and policies of transport.
- Providing reasonable provisions for providers of goods and services.
The total number of schools eligible for the plan of school
immunization are estimated as 400 of which, 100 have been immunized in
the middle 2009 and early 2010 (Year 1388).
Providing safe and opportune training plant for kids and youths, traffic
training plants have been realized where youngsters will learn traffic
behaviors, settling in figurative environment, will practice traffic
affairs and safe dealings. Now, 4 traffic training parks have been
initiated in the cities of Tonekabon, Khoramabad, Babol and Sari.